Re: where to get testing version of jessie installer?

On 20150526_1829+0300, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> I'm back at trying to install Jessie on Acer C720 without going the long
> route via Wheezy.
>
> Just to recall, the problem is that current Jessie installer
> debian-8.0.0-i386-netinst.iso from April 24, does not boot on Acer
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^
The netinst.iso images are special. They do not contain the copy of
the kernel that they will install on HD of your target computer. They
always download the latest version on the repository that you selected
during the install process. During official release, words matter.
Particularly the words wheezy, stable, jessie, testing, and stretch in
what you specify for your sources.list.

This can be viewed as a feature or a bug. For me, it is a feature. For
you, it may be a bug, because you want to install the versions of
packages that were available before the official release, which
involve giving you something different from what you got when you last
used that CD successfully. The repository at Debian Central changed and
the change started propagating through the world wide web.

The upcoming point release of 8.1 may make your netinst CD useful to you
again. OTOH, it may not, YMMV. It certainly won't make the results of
using in future, just like the results you got on Arp 24.

Best regards,
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net