Re: [Solved} logitech z515 wireless speaker not working

On Tue, 26 May 2015, Nicolas George wrote:

Yes, I did read your post. I also know how ALSA works and that VLC and
audacity are probably opening a different device than aplay and mplayer. The
real test is aplay, since it is the program that does the least black magic
behind the user's back.

   Very kind for vlc ans audacity developpers!
   I do like "black magic" when it makes something to work

Yes, please call it that. A fragile and unreliable workaround.

  It's easy to place some pejorative adjectives, but it's useless as long
  as you don't justify them.

You did not understand what is going on,

  Of course I don't; it's the reason of my post, but it's not your reply
  that will help anybody to understand.

                                         you did not properly fix the
problem, this is definitely bad advice. But you will not bait me into
spending more time on it.

  I already said that it's not a fix but a workaround.
  It's your perfect right not to spend time to help people (or
  may-be you are unable to help), but in that case please don't pollute
  the list with useless comments.

regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel