Re: Bug Report: QMMP issue - [Jessie with MATE] when caja opened, qmmp launches instead

On Fri, 2015-05-22 at 18:16 +0200, jake.persona@riseup.net wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> Very odd bug this. Caja opens fine without qmmp installed. But when qmmp
> is installed and you want to browse with caja, the qmmp player launches
> instead.
>
> Where do I post this?

Hi,

I poked around the qmmp package, and it has a suspicious
qmmp_dir.desktop file which registers qmmp has a handler for
MimeType=inode/directory;

So I'm guessing that's why you get qmmp instead of the file manager. Not
sure if this is a bug in qmmp or a problem with your desktop environment
in general.

Try filing a bug with qmmp, if it's a more serious problem the bug can
always be reassigned.

HTH,

--
Cheers,