Re: Cups Problem: cups-ipp-missing-send-document

On Thu, 2015-05-21 at 16:35 -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
> Cups found the printer with an ethernet attachment to our LAN.
> lp test.txt apparently works but nothing printed.
> job status is rendering complete
> Gnome tools-printer shows a printer error and the message
> cups-ipp-send-document-missing
>
> service cups restart does not solve problem
>
> dpkg-reconfigure cups does not solve problem
>
> Any suggestions?

Looks like either a conformance issue with the printer, and/or a bug in
CUPS:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cups/+bug/973270

It's an old bug report but the bug seems to have returned?

You can also enable more verbose logging in CUPS.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson