Re: jessie: `evince`, `atril`, `okular` unable to open PDFs; "libtiff.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

On 20/05/15 13:47, Alexis wrote:
i do[1]; but how can i find out which library is the one calling
libtiff4? E.g. do i need to make use of something like strace(1), or to
methodically work through the output of ldd(1)?

The following *should* do the trick:

find /usr/lib -type f -name '*.so*' -print0 | xargs -0 grep libtiff.so.4

(It comes up empty on my jessie system, whereas putting libtiff.so.5 in the arguments to grep gives me a nice long list.)