Re: How to type in Chinese?

On 05/19/2015 04:09 PM, 张启德(Zhang Qide) wrote:
I think the easiest way to type Chinese is to install ibus as a input
method framework.

1) You need some east Asian fonts installed if you want to type Chinese

apt-cache search fonts-wqy      # WenQuanYi fonts(文泉驿字体)
apt-cache search fonts-arphic   # Kaiti & Songti fonts( 文鼎宋体,楷体)
apt-cache search xfonts-intl-chinese # xfonts

There are some other opensource CJK fonts not included in repository
eg: Adobe Source Han Sans etc.

2) Install ibus-pinyin or ibus-libpinyin if you prefer using pinyin input method

apt-get install ibus-pinyin  # for ibus-pinyin, old but work well

apt-get install ibus-libpinyin # for ibus-libpinyin , newer, see
https://github.com/libpinyin/libpinyin

3) Install ibus-wubi if you know about wubi

apt-get install ibus-table-wubi

4)I prefer ibus-rime,

apt-get install ibus-rime

5) don't forget to install ibus-gtk (or ibus-qt4) and im-config

apt-get install ibus-gtk im-config or apt-get install ibus-qt4 im-config

6)  you need to enable ibus. Sorry, I don't know how to do under Cinnamon.

For GNOME, you need run im-config to choose ibus as default input
method, then run ibus-setup
to add pinyin or wubi or rime. add  input source for Chinese via
Preferences -> Regional and Language

Finally, logout and login again, you can activate ibus via super+space
and change between English and
Chinese via Shift key.

Fcitx is anthoer popular input method framework.
ibus is easy to install indeed, but it is too hard to remember what you often type! And it is a little ugly!
So I change it to fcitx!  I use pinyin , sunpinyin ,googlepinyin(a little)!
At last , I change to Sougou pinyin!
This is very good and very beautiful, I recommend it for you!

http://1.njumdl.sinaapp.com/?p=34
It is my blog in sinaapp! If you can read Chinese well, I have one tutor for you to install ibus or fcitx(sougou)! If there are something you don't understand , you can leave a message for me!

It's not recommend to use scim, thoungh it's still work.
I have to say something honestly , I never use this input method before!
mudongliang