Re: No sound in midori

On Mon, 2015-05-18 at 18:15 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I aptitude-installed midori on my old laptop because it is claimed to be
> lightweight and so effectively seems to be.  But apparently there's no sound in
> it, e.g. when watching youtube videos.  The same video has sound if watched
> through firefox.  Can anybody suggest why so and how to solve it?

Midori uses GStreamer, so make sure that's installed and you can play
sound through other GStreamer applications.

Also see http://midori-browser.org/faqs/ (scroll down to HTML5 Video/
Audio doesn't play)

Also, double check the volume control to make sure Midori isn't muted :)

HTH,

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson