Re: Why is libapache2-mod-auth-mysql not in Jessie?

Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 May 2015, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

>>> I just upgraded a server from Wheezy to Jessie, only to find that my
>>> authentication is broken because libapache2-mod-auth-mysql is not
>>> available in Jessie (it's in Squeeze, Wheezy and Sid). I tried to
>>> install the package from Sid, but dpkg complains that apache2.2-common
>>> is not installed, which is indeed the case, as it's no longer a part
>>> of the apache2 package apparently.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts on a fix?
>>
>> See https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=666826 for the
>> whole saga; basically, this means that someone needs to actually step in
>> and fix this module so that it can build with apache2.4 (and probably
>> help maintain it too.)

> So is that as totally irresponsible as it seems to me? I cannot be the
> only person using mysql authentication. As it happens, my institution
> is about to make me move to something else (ldap or openid) and so
> I'll do that by the time my students need access next Fall. But, if I
> may, really??

It seems this module is dead upstream, given that the same version was
already included in Squeeze and only NMU'd to get into Wheezy.

There is a ticket open on the SF.net site, that advises to use
mod_authX_dbd <http://sourceforge.net/p/modauthmysql/bugs/16/>

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_authn_dbd.html
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_authz_dbd.html

Grüße,