push db backup from one server to another with cron

I have a Debian server running PostgreSQL and I want to push a daily backup from that server to another server. Although I think I know how many of the pieces work to make this happen I don't know how to put it all together in a nice Debian way.

Where should I put the bash script that will do the work of making the backup and pushing the backup to another server? I think this script must run as the `postgres` user.

One thing I really like about my production server is that the only things I ever did with root to set it up were install some packages with apt-get, create one non-root user, create one database, and create one symbolic link for apache configuration. Everything else I did was as that non-root user. So I'd really like to keep the creation of this cron backup system as clean and simple as possible.

Thanks!

#F00