Re: Jessie gnome-settings vs. big-endian 16-bit color

On Mon, May 11, 2015, at 23:32, John Dalbec wrote:
> I recently upgraded my 2001 Quicksilver Power Mac from Wheezy to Jessie.
> I have a Radeon 9800 Pro Studio Edition in the AGP slot.  There’s an
> endian bug in Mesa that forces me to run GNOME in 16-bit color.  But if I

Is this fixed in any Mesa version? If you know what fixed it, you can
file a bug asking for the fix to be applied to Debian Jessie as well.

Whether the request will be accepted or not depends on how feasible it
is to backport the whole set of fixes (let's hope it is a bunch of
trivial one-liners ;-) ) to the version of Mesa in Debian Jessie.

> try to open the settings panel, GNOME crashes.  CoGL says it can’t find a
> pixel format for R5G6B5 because it thinks the bit depth is 32.  This
> causes a failed assert() and SIGABRT.  How can I work around one or both
> of these issues?

Looks like a bug in CoGL as well, you might want to report that one too.

Sorry, I can't help with this other than suggest using something else
than gnome while you try to get this sorted out.

  Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org>