Re: pam debugging

On 05/11/2015 06:18 PM, Cedric Gava wrote:
Hello

I’am trying to set up pam/ldap authentication on Wheezy, and struggling for many days on these topics since I knew nothing from both of them before beginning (I know more know ;)

To better understand what’s going on (I have ldap credential issue), I tried to activate debug in pam, like, for example :

/etc/pam.d/common-auth
auth    [success=2 default=ignore]      pam_unix.so nullok_secure debug
auth    [success=1 default=ignore]      pam_ldap.so use_first_pass debug

/etc/rsyslog.conf
*.=debug -/var/log/debug
tested with :
$ logger -p auth.debug test
OK rsyslog.conf seems ok

I TESTED THEN the pam debug messages
I tried both :
$ pamtester login cedric authenticate
and login out, login in from sshd or tty, NOTHING is visible in /var/log/debug

Stupid question,  did you look in /var/log/auth.log ?
AFAIK the default location for pam logs..