Re: Lid suspend problem with a Dell Laptop - Jessie

Thank you all for your quick responses.

Setting systemd to ignore the lid event did not work (HandleLidSwitch=ignore), nor did installing xfce4 power manager (in fact it broke my suspend button). I also tried un-installing acpid and that had no effect. I haven't tried updating the kernel, but I'll try it when I get a chance.

Interestingly enough, I noticed the fan is not turning on either, and when I install i8kutils, the system immediately shuts the fan off when I manually try to turn it on. I don't know if that's connected.

I've reverted back to Wheezy for now. I'll try it on a newer computer tomorrow to see if I get the same results. Thank you again.