Re: wheezy to jessie upgrade: gdm system.d failure

Am 11.05.2015 um 23:10 schrieb Thomas H. George:
> On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 09:10:36PM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
>> On Monday 11 May 2015 20:52:27 Thomas H. George wrote:
>>> I ENCOUNTERED THIS SAME PROBLEM WITH THE INSTILLATION OF JESSIE ON A NEW
>>> COMPUTER, POSTED THE DESCRIPTION TO THE DEBIAN USER LIST AND RECEIVE NO
>>> HELP.
>>
>> Maybe noone knew the answer.  There's no need to shout.

He did receive help.
It was pointed out to him (as can also be seen in the error message he
posted) that gdm.service had failed in the ExecStartPre step.

Which means /etc/X11/default-display-manager was not pointing to
/usr/sbin/gdm3.

That it not a systemd problem, fwiw.

universe are pointed away from Earth?