Re: blackbox: where is bbkeys package?

On 2015-05-09 15:30, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
I installed blackbox in order to choose it as my window manager, but read that,
to use keystrokes in it, the bbkeys package is needed.  But it seems to be
absent from Debian Stable, whereas in Sid there is but aptitude won't install
it or it is already there but doesn't run from command line.

For some reason it was removed from the Debian repositories some releases ago. I use the script below.

-- August

#!/bin/sh

set -e

#bbkeys is not in the software repositories so we compile if from source instead

#install dependencies
apt-get install g++ libbt-dev libx11-dev libxext-dev make

#download and extract
cd /usr/local/src
wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/bbkeys/bbkeys/0.9.1/bbkeys-0.9.1.tar.gz
tar xf bbkeys-0.9.1.tar.gz