(script) Re: Rediscovering a forgotten command

Quoting Richard Owlett (rowlett@cloud85.net):
> A few months ago I came across a command which would save all
> keyboard input to the current console and all output displayed on
> that console. That information would be saved to a default file or
> to a user specified file. IIRC the documentation implied it had
> originally been targeted at classroom environment.
>
> Can anyone identify this?

script, but I find it quite useful to have a bash function defined as

scrip ()
{
    script typescript-${HOSTNAME}-$(date +%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M-%S)-$1
}

so that you get a host/timestamp in the unique filename and a
string to remember why you used it.

Cheers,
David.