Re: Default virtualhost on Debian Jessie with Apache 2.4.10

On 05/04/2015 12:10 PM, Daniel Bareiro wrote:
> Thanks for confirm the behavior that I had mentioned. I don't remember
> this happening with Apache 2.2.22 on Debian Wheezy. So at the beginning
> of this thread I had asked whether it is likely that this configuration
> is compiled into Apache.
>
> I also got the following output with apachectl:
>
> # apache2ctl -S

I got the following:
VirtualHost configuration:
ServerRoot: "/etc/apache2"
Main DocumentRoot: "/var/www/html"
Main ErrorLog: "/var/log/apache2/error.log"
Mutex default: dir="/var/lock/apache2" mechanism=fcntl
Mutex mpm-accept: using_defaults
Mutex watchdog-callback: using_defaults
PidFile: "/var/run/apache2/apache2.pid"
Define: DUMP_VHOSTS
Define: DUMP_RUN_CFG
Define: ENABLE_USR_LIB_CGI_BIN
User: name="www-data" id=33
Group: name="www-data" id=33

To describe me situation more precise:
I had wheezy up and running with a postfix mailman configuration, which
also requires apache. Wheezy came with apache 2.2. I disabled the
default site and activated the mailman site (by just removing respective
adding the symbolc links). Of course apache was still listening at port
80, but with a disabled default site, the default site was never reachable.
After the upgrade to jessie, the default site was again activated by the
upgrade and my mailman site was not listed. Now I did again deactivate
the default site and activated the mailman site. The result was now
different, because with a deactivated default site, the default site ist
still reachable. The ist totally different to wheezy.

the mailman.conf is as follows:
---------
# Sample configuration for Debian mailman with Apache

# We can find mailman here:
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/mailman/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/
# And the public archives:
Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
# Logos:
Alias /images/mailman/ /usr/share/images/mailman/

# Use this if you don't want the "cgi-bin" component in your URL:
# In case you want to access mailman through a shorter URL you should enable
# this:
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/
# In this case you need to set the DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN in
# /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py to http://%s/mailman/ for the cookie
# authentication code to work.  Note that you need to change the base
# URL for all the already-created lists as well.

<Directory /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/>
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
<Directory /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/>
    Options FollowSymlinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all