Re: irqbalance affinity problem

On 5 May 2015 at 15:11, Pol Hallen <deben@fuckaround.org> wrote:
Linux kbase 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt7-1 (2015-03-01)
x86_64 GNU/Linux

have you tried with other kernels and/or check bios settings?

Thanks for your attention to my question.

No.  I do not want to reboot the server often.

What do I look for in the Bios (which is not an easy path to walk on the server)?

I see in the changelog of the Debian package that the suggested solution as showed by the Ubuntu bug report was accepted as part of the Debian Package.

I can then in /etc/default/irqbalance put OPTIONS = "--intpolicy=ignore"

but I am not sure what the effect will be on the server performance.

Do you have knowledge of such a setting?

The error message suggests that "subset" is the default choice for this setting.

Regards
Johann

--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)