Re: Jessie: XFCE4 Desktop background stopped working

Andre N Batista wrote:

I suspect this might be a bug on the upgrade process. About two weeks
ago a user whom I help had a similar complaint.

What I found out was: xfdesktop had crashed and the system was
configured to auto save sessions so it wasn't being brought up even
after restarting the system.

The solution was just:

$ xfdesktop &

Anyone else?

Thanks!  That fixed the problem.  Which files did xfdesktop change?

Now I can move back to XFCE4 again after using Gnome for a few days. :)

Regards
Johann.
--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)