iPhone 5

Hello,
I am trying to network my Asus X200CA running Jessie 8 via my iPhone 5's mobile hotspot. It only works very occasionally. I have tried two different network SIMs, the Asus has no trouble finding other WiFi's. I am currently networking via my friend's Nokia Windoze phone.
Suspiciously, other peoples' iPhones do seem to find it.
Tomorrow, I am going to see if my friend's iPhone will network my laptop.
Has anyone come across any difficulty with iPhones??
--
Edwin Zarthrusz

I don't even pretend to know how the Universe(s) work(s) any longer

Be. Love. Ed.