Re: can't run virtualbox in Jessie

On 05/02/2015 07:14 PM, briand@aracnet.com wrote:
On Sat, 02 May 2015 19:03:38 -0400
James <bjlockie@lockie.ca> wrote:

I have Debian Jessie and I can't run it.
I get a dialog that says:
the virtualbox kernel modules do not match this version of virtualbox

So we can assume you are trying to run jessie on a virtual box instance ?

or are you trying to run virtualbox in jessie ?

if you are trying to  run jessie on a virtualbox instance the message, although not particularly helpful, is exactly right.

you need to compile and install the "helper" modules for virtualbox.

unfortunately Debian is generally behind the latest virtualbox version, so generally you have to rebuild the latest modules.
I'm trying to run vbox from Jessie.