Re: Changing starting directory for video players

On 2015-05-01, Edward C. Jones <edcjones@comcast.net> wrote:
> I use Debian 8.0 (Jessie), amd64 port, and KDE.
>
> Dragon Player has starting directory: ~Videos.
> VLC has starting directory: ~
> KPlayer starts at the last directory used.
> KMPlayer starts at ~/Documents.
>
> How do I change the starting directory for these video players? Which
> config files contain this information?

There is a freedesktop standard covering this area[0]. It is implemented
in the Debian packages xdg-user-dirs and xdg-user-dirs-gtk. There is no
guarantee that all applications will respect the standard, of course,
but it should help you to achieve at least some consistency among them.

--

Liam

1: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-user-dirs/