Re: Unicode not getting displayed properly on some webpages in Debian 8.0

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Avinash Sonawane <rootkea@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello. I am using Jessie.
>
> Whenever I try to open some webpages I can not help but notice that
> Unicode characters are not getting displayed correctly.
>
> I tried Iceweasel & Chromium. Both showing the same weird characters.
> http://i.imgur.com/MX92Hrs.png?1 (Please have a look at "Google.co.in
> offered in : ...")
>
> The reason I think this is related to Debian 8.0 is because untill
> yesterday I was using Ubuntu and I could easily see all those Unicode
> characters properly on the same webpage using Chromium and Firefox.
>
> Do I need to install any Unicode font or something?

Ok. So here it says "Iceweasel seems to render all Wikipedia
languages" under "Quick Test"
https://wiki.debian.org/Fonts/UnicodeCoverage
But when I am trying to open those two webpages listed under "Quick
Test", again I am seeing those weird boxes instead of proper Unicode
characters.

Any pointers?

--
Avinash Sonawane (RootKea)