Re: Supported hybrid PC/tablet computers

Hi.

I wrote some time ago:
> I would like to know if some people here have accurate knowledge on the
> prospect of running Debian on low- and middle-end hybrid PC/tablet
> computers, like Asus Transformer or Acer Aspire Switch that sell for
> 250-500 EUR around here?

Since no answer came, I took a risk and bought a Lenovo Miix 3-1030, mostly
because of the better resolution (1920×1200 instead of the usual 1366×768).

The good news is: the touchscreen is supported by Linux. The video
controller works well too with Free drivers, this is an Intel controller.

But it stops there. No wifi, no sound, no webcam. Not just unsupported:
invisible. Nothing on lspci, nothing on lsusb. And not a rfkill thing either
apparently.

According to the OEM windows, the devices are accessed trough I2C, ACPI (?)
and SDIO (???). I do not know how these technologies work, I do not know how
to explore them.

If someone has experience with that kind of technology, I would appreciate a
little help.

In the meantime, I have written a web page to summarize what I could get
working:

http://nsup.org/~george/comp/linux_lenovo_miix3/

I hope some of these frowny faces can become smily and that it may help
people later.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George