Re: Re: No HDMI-Sound anymore with onboard sound chip "Intel CougarPoint HDMI" after upgrading from Wheezy to Jessie

OK Ladies,

problem ist solved in the spirit of List:

"You can always uninstall things if they don't work."

Solution:

# apt-get remove pulseaudio pavucontrol

<Reboot computer>

$ alsamixer

unmute S/PDIF which was muted by pulseaudio.

Now, I am at least able to play videos _with sound_ again on my HDMI
connected TV, after switching Video out also to TV (with xrandr), like
it worked before with OD Wheezy.

Bad pulseaudio
(hm, the author of that piece of software programmed also avahi
daemon and systemd...)