Re: Jessie and screensaver on lid-close

On 04/28/2015 05:27 AM, Francesco Ariis wrote:
Hello,
     I recently upgraded my laptop from wheezy to jessie, and everything
is going smoothly. I run a very simple system, with X but no DE.

I would like to lock the screen when the lid of my laptop is closed
(by running xscreensaver, which I currently have installed, if possible,
but any other method will do).

How to do it? After searching a bit I suspect I have to mess with systemd
configuration files, but I am not sure which one to edit.

This doesn't answer you question exactly but I would like to point out that screen savers are useless with lcd / led screens. They were originally meant to protect CRT's from burn in when the electron beam stayed in the same place too long. I don't use them anymore. So unless you just like the pretty pictures, turn them off.

Gary R