Re: Boot stalling in jessie with systemd

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015, David Wright wrote:
> There are one of two services that stall on odd occasions, but most
> have a timeout which is honoured. binfmt-support has an indefinite
> timeout. I have no idea what it's meant to do. All its configuration
> directories/files are empty.

They really shouldn't be empty. If binfmt-support is hanging
indefinitely, something is wrong. Is this a Debian kernel? Or your own?

Is the binfmt_misc module loaded?

What do you see in dmesg?

Is /proc mounted? Is /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc mounted? What is in
/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/status?

There's also the possibility that you've got corruption of some sort or
another on this machine. What does ls -l /var/lib/binfmts/; look like?

Checking the output of debsums -s; or similar will help to see if
there's something specific which has been corrupted.

Once, our bodies were bells:
Simply moving in the wind
We tolled our names.
 -- Phillis Levin "Poetry in Motion" p55