Re: Jessie and screensaver on lid-close

Am 2015-04-28 14:27, schrieb Francesco Ariis:
I recently upgraded my laptop from wheezy to jessie, and everything
is going smoothly. I run a very simple system, with X but no DE.

I would like to lock the screen when the lid of my laptop is closed
(by running xscreensaver, which I currently have installed, if possible,
but any other method will do).

How to do it? After searching a bit I suspect I have to mess with systemd
configuration files, but I am not sure which one to edit.

On suspend, systemd-logind will send out a signal on DBus to all
processes listening for it that says: please lock your screen.

There's something called xss-lock that can allegedly (haven't
tried it myself) listen to those events and invoke the the
screensaver then.

It's part of Jessie:
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/xss-lock

Hope that helps.