Re: testing or stable

True that. When you run unstable or testing it's best to take great care when updating or installing anything, as in sid installing something can trigger a shitstorm depending on what was uploaded that day ... stable only for me these days.

Tim Kelley

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Sven Hartge <sven@svenhartge.de> wrote:
Joris Bolsens <epicblood@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been using Debian Jessie for ~ a year now, now that it is stable
> should I update to sid? or stick with jessie?

> I enjoy tinkering with everything, so I'm OK with things breaking or
> needing some special configuration, hell I'll even patch a thing and
> recompile from source if I have to (I know, shocking right).

Then just put "testing" instead of "jessie" into your sources.list and
you will stay on the testing branch forever.

But be prepared, once the floodgates from Unstable to Testing have been
opened there will be a tsunami of new packages rushing in form Unstable
so the ride may be a bit rough during the first weeks of the new
development cyble.

Grüße,
Sven.

--