Re: testing or stable

On 27 April 2015 at 17:05, Pete Orrall <pete@cs1x.com> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 12:02 PM, Joris Bolsens <epicblood@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been using Debian Jessie for ~ a year now, now that it is stable
> should I update to sid? or stick with jessie?

​I guess you could move either to be testing or sid from jessie.....

If you want to be sid I would be extra sure you regularly back up work files etc in case it borks on you,​

​If you have more than hard drive (or you have a fast USB stick) on your machine you could be stable on one and sid on the other.   ​

​If sid has a Minsky moment on you then you can mount it from the stable installation and copy over any useful files and then hack away at sid etc.

​Regards​

​Michael Fothergill​