Re: Appropriate forum to discuss really small Debian [derivative?/blend??]

Chris Bannister wrote:
On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 07:06:33AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
[cc: debian-blends@lists.debian.org Reply to: debian-user@lists.debian.org]

Is there a USENET group or mailing list aimed at really small Debian
inspired systems?

You mean like embedded systems?

Not really. I said "small", not "minimal" nor "embedded".
Back in "the good old days" perhaps "embedded" would have been descriptive. Some of my ideas are definitely influenced by what I worked on when 8085 was new and 4k of program space was considered roomy.

I implicitly assumed that http://www.emdebian.org/ reflected the current thought on how little "size" now correlated to "embedded".

You trimmed my description of my target system where I had said:
The system described in "How To Build a Minimal Linux System from Source Code"

[http://users.cecs.anu.edu.au/~okeefe/p2b/buildMin/buildMin.html] with addition of "apt-get --no-install-recommends ..." would come close to what I'm thinking of.