nfs problems

Hi all,

There's only 1 thing worse than getting nfs to work on a linux system and that's getting cups to work.

So a long time ago i had nfs working with bind , but i changed computers didn't use nfs for a while and lost the recipe, i.e. all this was most definitely working.

the idea was to do this :

  /home /nfs4exports/home none bind 0 0

and that command remained- so I know it's right. The client side set-up is what I lost.

the client should be able to do somthing like

  server:/nfs4exports/home/user1  /mnt/home/user1   nfs4      rw,hard,intr  0     0
  server:/nfs4exports/home/user2  /mnt/home/user2   nfs4      rw,hard,intr  0     0

etc...

however the client side mount commands are apparently wrong because I get this :

mount.nfs4: mounting server:/nfs4exports/home/user1 failed, reason given by server:
  No such file or directory

and as usual the error message is completely unhelpful because /nfs4exports/home/user1 most certainly DOES exist on the server.

Any help appreciated.

Brian