Re: Unable to install owncloud-client in wheezy

Peter Ley wrote:
> I'm trying to install owncloud-client-cmd in wheezy and I get the
> following:

What command were you using?  Please say what command you were trying
to run when you were trying to install owncloud.

> Things I've done:
> - apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
> - apt-get clean
> - apt-get -f
> - dpkg --configure -a

Of course none of those install owncloud.

> I'm not really versed in the finer points of debian, so forgive me if
> I've missed something obvious or done some unnecessary things. I've
> been poking about on forum posts for a little while.

Did you forget the -t option?  It appears to me that you are trying to
install owncloud from backports.

> ... libowncloudsync0 (= 1.5.0+dfsg-4~bpo70+1) ...

Are you installing from backports?  Or from some place else.  If from
backports then you don't show it but you need to include the -t
backports option.  Here are instructions.

  http://backports.debian.org/Instructions/

If elsewhere then it needs a different target.

> And I also have this in sources.list.d/owncloud.list, per owncloud.org:
> deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:ownCloud:community/Debian_7.0/ /

Here it looks like you are trying to install from owncloud.org not
Debian.  If you are trying to install from owncloud.org then it looks
like a bug in owncloud's package that they are depending upon
something that doesn't exist anymore.  They have an exact dependency,
the "(=" part, which is fragile.  If you are trying to install their
packages then you need to get them involved for supporting them.

  https://owncloud.org/support/

Bob