Re: Grub is not showing after install debian on windows 8.1 laptop

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 01:29:24PM +0800, 丁海江 wrote:
>    I tried to install debian whizzey into my laptop which runs windows 8.1
>    now, and the last step i have chosen to install grub with mbr.
>    Then it asked me to reboot, after reboot, there is no grub and directly
>    launching the windows as normal.
>    Can anyone help?
>    How can i get the grub to be shown before windows is showing?

Likely your laptop is set to use "Secure Boot". Debian Wheezy (and even
Jessie) does not support this. The easiest option is to disable "Secure
Boot" in your firmware menu. If you cannot or do not wish to then,
depending on your requirements, running Debian in a Virtual Machine may
be acceptable.