Supported hybrid PC/tablet computers

Hi.

I would like to know if some people here have accurate knowledge on the
prospect of running Debian on low- and middle-end hybrid PC/tablet
computers, like Asus Transformer or Acer Aspire Switch that sell for
250-500 EUR around here?

Note that I do not expect a "there's an app for that" kind of tablet
experience, I just want to a normal Debian laptop to replace an old
EeePC 1000, with the extra option of removing the keyboard when it is more
convenient.

For that, apart from the usual hardware support, I need the touchscreen to
appear in /dev/input/event* and generate events, no more. But that kind of
information seems hard to come by on the web.

If anyone has access to that kind of device, I would be very grateful for
the information.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George