Re: Jessie: No VGA signal after gdm3 login

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 15:42:03 -0400
"Thomas H. George" <lists@tomgeorge.info> wrote:

> Just returned from vacation, booted up.
>
> After gdm3 login screen goes blank, then No VGA Signal
> Installed xdm. Same result
> Ran apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade
> Repeated xdm login. Same result
>
> Before vacation login opened Gnome and I ran several programs with no
> problems.
>
> Even now consoles F1 through F6 work normally and I can run command
> line programs.
>
> What could have happened? Found nothing about this in April
> lists.debian.org archives.

Can you tell us what is in /var/log/Xorg.0.log and ~/.xsession-errors?

I can't tell you what might have happened, though, at least not without
starting with the contents of those two files.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"