Re: Create Plugin or Applet for HDMI output

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 21:48:04 +0400
Dwijesh Gajadur <dwijesh1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have Debian Jessie with XFCE installed on my Dell inspiron 7537
> laptop. I often connect my laptop with my TV through HDMI.
> Each time I have to go to Settings>Display and then select the TV
> screen from there. I also have to go to Pulse Audio Volume Control
> (pavucontrol) to select the HDMI sound from there.
>
> I was wondering if I can create a script or plugin so that I can
> easilly switch from the laptop to my tv.
>
> Is there by chance already a plugin that exists having this
> functionality?
>
> Please let me know. Also can you help me to find sources from where I
> can learn to build my own plugin or applets and add them to my panel.

All of Xfce is in git, if you go to xfce.org you will find information
on the wiki. I believe there is also a xfce-devel mailing list, which
would probably be a good place to ask for help on getting started.
There are also third-party plugins you could download the source of and
read through or use as a starting point.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"