Re: Debian 7 and external monitors and graphics adaptors

Op 09-04-15 om 11:22 schreef Bret Busby:
> Hello.
>
> On a new installation of Debian 7 on an Acer "laptop" computer with an
> AMD Radeon R2 graphics adaptor, the external monitor does not work.
>
> The external monitor works with MS Win 7, with MS Win 8, with Debian
> 6, and with Ununtu 12.04 and with Ubuntu 14.04.
>
> On another Acer "laptop" computer with Debian 7 installed, the
> external monitor works with MS Win 8, and with Ubuntu 14.04, and not
> with Debian 7. That computer has an nVidia graphica adaptor, that has
> previously been mentioned on the list.
>
> Does Debian 7 work with external monitors?

Yes. And Radeon is no problem, but I don't know the R2.
Maybe tell us the output of "lspci | grep -i vga"

Some laptops only work with external monitor after a reboot.

Some laptops only work with external monitor after pressing a special
key. Fn-F5 or something like that.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl/