Re: Thinkpad T440s with built-in display + external monitor

Hi Andre
  I have a T440s and had a similar problem. However, at least in my
case, the solution was quite simple: the built-in screen is not blank,
only its brightness is reduced to 0 (for some stupid reason) when an
external monitor (or in my case a beamer) is connected.
In order to bring your built-in screen 'back', simply increase its
brightness with the F6 function key.
At least this worked for me.

regards
  Eugen

PS: let me know if this solution worked for you too.