Re: sshfs: problem with rsync

On Tue, 7 Apr 2015, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

On 2015-04-07 12:55:04 +0200, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
Am 07.04.2015 um 12:49 CEST Vincent Lefevre:

On 2015-04-05 21:57:36 +0200, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
  my Android ssh server uses the port 2223, and I could not find
  how to force rsync to use this port.

The port is a SSH parameter, not a rsync option. So, use .ssh/config
for that.

Or use rsync's --rsh option, like
rsync --rsh "ssh -p 2223" ...

The advantage of using .ssh/config is that it will work for any
SSH-based command, not just rsync. And you don't have to remember
to use the --rsh option.

   thank you guys for your suggestions..., but it seems you didn't
   read completely  my post: I said that the remote ssh server is on an
   Android device.
   "rsync is ssh based" means that it can use the remote ssh server,
   not the local ssh client.

   rsync can actually use ssh as a remote shell, as long as there such a thing
   on the remote side.
   But,as far as I know, there is no such thing on Android.
   the .ssh/config is for the ssh client. For example, if I put:
      match host gs2
      port 2223
   then, "ssh gs2" works, but not rsync.

  Anyway, I repeat that for me, sshfs is the perfect solution.

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel