Re: firefox-37, where to put

On Saturday 04 April 2015 05:06:09 Reco wrote:
>  Hi.
>
> On Sat, 4 Apr 2015 09:04:53 +0200
>
> Petter Adsen <petter@synth.no> wrote:
> > On Fri, 03 Apr 2015 12:30:45 -0400
> >
> > The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> > > Not necessarily as easy as you might think. You'd need to be
> > > careful to make sure that nothing got autostarted (or left running
> > > on logout) which would try to access files under /home/*/ - and
> > > though I don't know of anything offhand which would necessarily do
> > > that, I wouldn't want to assume that nothing would.
> >
> > If you are running Jessie, you can use "loginctl terminate-user
> > USER", and if there is anything left, "loginctl kill-user USER". For
> > Wheezy I don't know, though.
>
> pgrep -lU $USER
>
> pkill -TERM -U $USER
>
> pgrep -lU $USER
>
> pkill -KILL -U $USER
>
> Be universal. Don't depend on systemd for such easy task.
>
> Reco

Here is one such message I'll mark, Reco, but I'll mark it because I am
not familiar with the p as a prefix to what I know as common commands.
It turns out that the man page(s) are interesting reading.  Thank you
for showing its use and making me curious.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)