After upgrade to jessie usb keyboard multimedia keys stopped working

Hi
as the title says I am unable to use the multimedia keys on the keyboard
since upgrade to jessie.
Do you have any hint, because all I find is information on how to fix the
multimedia keys in general, which is of no use.
On the notebook the multimedia keys (Volume Up/Down and Mute) work fine, but
on the external USB keyboard they stopped working.
I see evdev in Xorg.0.log and information related to the usb keyboard.

Thanks in advance