Re: Planning a new Debian box!

Bob Bernstein wrote:
> Shortly I will become the owner of a refurbished Dell with Win7 already on
> its 160g sata hard drive.
>
> I have no need or use for a multi-OS multi-boot machine. I only want wheezy
> on this for now.
>
> Question: can I entrust to the Debian installer the task of repartitioning
> and formatting the HD with all that Windoze cruft already on it?

If you delete all the windows partitions, create new
partition(s), install Debian and install a new boot loader,
you should get no problems from windows.

Last time I bought a notebook, I decided to keep Windows 7
around for diagnostic purposes.  I found that Partition
Wizard[1] Live CD by Minitool, can handle all of the issues in
shrinking a windows partition to create space for another
OS.

This was much easier than the windows partition resizing
tool, which is trickly, limited and awkward as hell.

Cheers

1.  http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

--
Joel Roth