Von: Reco [mailto:recoverym4n@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. März 2015 13:52
An: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Betreff: Re: Redirect HTTPS with Squid3+Squidguard

 Hi.

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:21:57 +0100
Peter Viskup <skupko.sk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> just jumped into SSLBump/Split features some months ago. I don't find
> these features harmful. Especially when protecting your children from
> access of YouTube or other possibly harmful sites. Once you are logged
> with Google account they redirect your communication to https which
> makes the inspection not possible. The Squid's SSLBump/Split (whose
> name in latest version SslPeekAndSplice) is the only feature which
> will make the inspection happen. This means there are still some cases
> where this feature is very helpful and the only one freely available.

If you're considering that spying on your own children is a good idea - I don't even know what to say. They solve such problems here by educating children, not limiting their internet access. Besides, if a child would really want to bypass such access control - he or she will find a way sooner or later (hint - a cellphone, for instance).

The only good usage of SSL Bump in my book is reverse-engineering certain proprietary applications.

Recp