Re: Cool things to do with server

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 09:44:28AM +0000, Darac Marjal wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 11:47:28AM -0700, Joris Bolsens wrote:
> >

> > On 03/17/2015 11:37 AM, Tazman DeVille wrote:
> > > Run a RedMatrix hub on it. See https://redmatrix.me
> > >
> > What is that? looked at the site but don't really understand what it does.
>
> Looking at it, it appears to be a privacy-focused cloud[*] server. The
> features make it look something like a mixture of I2P and Facebook.
>

> [*] Where "cloud" means "store your data on other people's computers".
>

> > -Joris

Kind of, plus much more. It's a CMS with strong privacy features,
cloud storage, and nomadic identity (your identity on one RM hub can
be cloned on others, so if one hub goes down, you don't lose your
identity on the network), plus offers openID functionality (you can
authenticate on any RM hub and any site with OpenID with your RM ID).
It has so many features, I wouldn't even try to explain it here.
It was initially created by the author of Friendica, if you've heard of
that, but with a stronger focus on privacy, and a ton of more features.
It can federate with friendica and diaspora, plus xpost to other
networks or sites (like a wordpress, livejournal, twitter, statusnet,
pump.io, libertree, and others...).

I wrote some of the xposting plugins/addons, and have developed some
themes/templates for it.

tony

--
http://tonybaldwin.me