Re: can't start KDE with 2 monitorsz

It worked when I had Gentoo before and it worked with Wheezy.

On 03/19/2015 10:26 AM, Bret Busby wrote:
On 19/03/2015, James <bjlockie@lockie.ca> wrote:
This is Jessie.

I have 2 monitors and I get this in my /var/log/kdm.log:

/usr/bin/X: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nouveau_drv.so: undefined symbol:
exaGetPixmapDriverPrivate

I CAN start KDE if I unplug the HDMI from the 2nd monitor.

Hello, Jessie.

Have you tried with GNOME?

If so, what happens?

Also, have you tried with Ubuntu 14.04?

I have a "laptop" system (when I am able to get it working again - it
now won't power on - have started warranty process to get it
repaired), that has Debian 7 installed, and Ubuntu 14.04. Debian 7
will not display on the external monitor, but will display on the
laptop screen, when running GNOME Classic. Ubuntu 14.04 displays on
the external monitor without any problem. The system has an nVidia
graphics card (this has previously been mentioned on the list, in
thread(s) to try to get Debian 7 to display on the external monitor).

So, I wonder whether you have tried the options that I have suggested
above, and, is so, what are the results.