Re: wheezy to testing

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 11:37:25 +0000
Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Lisi,

>Not "stable", no.  If you use "testing" instead of a code name you will
>effectively have a rolling release, but it will be a very rocky ride
>for about a month after Jessie becomes Stable.

I've been using 'testing' rather than a code name for years(1).  It's
very rare I've had issues as a direct result of that.  Perhaps twice.
Even after a large influx of packages after a freeze ends.  For the
most part, problems can be avoided by being selective with upgrades, so
things don't get removed that you want/need.  This may mean some
packages are in the upgrade queue for several days, occasionally a week
or two, until the necessary package updates migrate through from Sid.

(1)  Ten, at least.

--
 Regards  _
Just stop and take a second