Re: Jessie regularly loses wifi connection though signal is strong

On Fri 13 Mar 2015 at 16:00:43 -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 11:14:01AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> > On Fri, 13 Mar 2015 16:07:41 +0100
> > Dejan Jocic <jodejka@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Try newish kernel, from backports?
> >

> > What I would do is boot a System Rescue CD live CD, use it with wifi
> > for long enough to reproduce the symptom, and if it *doesn't* reproduce
> > the symptom, it's software. If it *does* reproduce the symptom, it's
> > hardware. Proceed from there.
> >
> Good idea, I'll try it.
> Thanks,
> Tom

If I had sent a private message to you (which is fantastically unlikely)
I would be extremely displeased if it was re-sent to a public mailing
list. It is very bad form to do so without permission.

Having said that: the advice has little to recommend it. A live CD
working and your system not says more about about your system rather
than its hardware (about which we know nothing).