What happened to my mail log?

I have Postfix and Dovecot running on my Debian Jessie/testing system.
When I first setup the system a few months ago, I know that Postfix and
Dovecot were both logging to /var/log/mail.log through syslog because I
was using it to diagnose issues. I can also view entries in the old
rotated files (/var/log/mail.log.4.gz).

It seems that they are not logging [there] anymore. My Postfix
configuration has no options set regarding logs, which leaves
everything at default (using the mail facility of syslog). Dovecot is
also set to log to the mail facility of syslog.

Postfix is, in fact, working. I'm monitoring the logs with `sudo tail
-F /var/log/mail.log` while sending mail, receiving mail, and even
restarting Postfix. Nothing shows up in the log.

This is the same for Dovecot. I have enabled verbose connection
logging, and while monitoring mail.log, nothing shows up. I've even
restarted Dovecot as well, with no results in the log file.

I have not installed any type of non-default syslog, nor have I touched
the syslog config or any log rotation daemon's config.

I'm quite stumped here.

Thanks!