About Jessie, php5-gd and imageantialias

Hello,

Once upon a time there was a bug:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=321237 (php5-gd: not using gd bundled with php5)

It's about the fact that Debian, by it's policy, does not use bundled libgd from PHP source, and unfortunately upstream libgd had (and still has) missing functions. There was a hint about plans to implement them, but sadly, I had to recreate similar bug for Jessie:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=778596 (php5-gd: imageantialias is still missing)

It's not very production-friendly having to hold packages and recompile when updates and yourself are ready...

Is there any hope to avoid recompiling php5 in Jessie for missing libgd functions? Can same magic porting/patching/whatever can happen until Jessie is released? I have yet asked about this issue in libgd bug tracker, created Debian bug and now I'm here, it's all I personally can do, really.

P.S. I have self-answered how-to post in Debian forums about recompiling PHP for using bundled libgd, if anyone may need it: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?p=560389#p560389 (it was used for Wheezy).

Thanks for your time,
Vincas Dargis