Re: apt-offline usage

Hello,

On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 09:31:32PM -0800, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck using apt-offline to install a package?
> Any tips?

If I make no mistake you need to use apt-get for installing the
package after retrieving the bundle. The workflow would then be like :

isolated$ apt-offline set --install $package ...
networked$ apt-offline get ...
isolated$ apt-offline install ...
isolated$ apt-get install $package ...

If I remember correctly but this is from memory from 3 or 4 years ago
it is possible to need two round-trip between networked and isolated
server :

isolated$ apt-offline set --update ...
networked$ apt-offline get ...
isolated$ apt-offline install
isolated$ apt-offline set --install $package ...
networked$ apt-offline get ...
isolated$ apt-offline install ...
isolated$ apt-get install $package

François